What is Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is the process of tagging a website page with a browser tool which stores the page information for you to visit again later when required. There are specific web-based tools that are used to search and gather content they are interested in.
Social media has become the most preferred way for social bookmarking and instead of saving social media posts to your browser bookmarks, one can use different platforms to bookmark posts. Social bookmarks save information online rather than on the device hence one can access them anywhere, from any device with an active internet connection.
To understand in general when you send a link of a website to a friend or colleague you use social bookmarking. Social bookmarking sites once started as simple resources for social media and content marketers are now diverse and dynamic online communities, wherein users discuss links and develop groups based on their interests. Twitter and Pinterest are the most popular social bookmarking sites.
How to Do Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is not a hard thing to understand and execute. It is very easy and can be executed in simple and easy ways. But before publishing make sure to create articles rather than copying the content from the source.
Process of Bookmarking
- Firstly, choose the product/ article whose social bookmark you want to create.
- After choosing the product understand the product and choose a website having good reviews and create an account on it.
- After this start your social bookmark submission by defining the product / article title to attract the readers.
- Once done, submit your story for publishing. While some websites allow you to publish your bookmark instantly, many websites allow you to submit the story for review.
- If they like the story, your story will be published else it will be deleted automatically.
Here we have provided top 100+ Bookmarking Submission sites.
Benefits of Social Bookmarking Sites
There are many benefits of social bookmarking and some of them are
- Free to share pictures, videos and links:
Social bookmarking websites save your bookmarks online, tag keywords and share them with groups from your favorite websites anywhere in the world.
2. Higher search engine visibility and brand awareness:
Social networks receive millions of visits every day and can increase traffic to your website. To make the most out of it add more bookmarks to get more visitors.
3. Quick indexing in Search Engines:
Social bookmarking enables the fastest way to get search engines visit your webpage or website.
4. Increases your SEO value:
Social bookmarking sites help people to find your website and helps you in generating backlinks to your website. Bookmarking your website more in social bookmarking websites will get you more backlinks from each website resulting in a higher page rank for your webpage or website.